In the midst of the coronavirus/COVID-19 state of emergency, there are a few things that we know are true. Hand sanitizers, cancelled meetings, work-at-home provisions, and travel bans are among the new realities in the workplace. We will be operating in a state of uncertainty and inconsistency for the near-term.
You, not unlike your customers, are receiving multiple emails the about the status of coronavirus/COVID-19. It is critical that we all keep up to date with changes in the status of the response to the spread of the virus and its implications and interpret them for our employees. It is also critical that you develop a clear plan to communicate with your existing customers and those customers you are cultivating. This is an opportunity for direct contact with key players within your customer accounts. Communicate with them by phone and/or web meeting to understand how your products and services can better support them in this time of uncertainty and inconsistency. It is a unique opportunity to be the voice of calm thoughtfulness and leadership.
Your commercial team should identify key contacts with whom they need to speak. As leaders, this is your opportunity to identify the 3 key messages you want to leave with your customers that reinforce your brand attributes. You also need to create questions your team can ask to learn how to respond to your customers’ evolving future needs as a result of today’s environment. The right questions can lead to in-depth discussion across both organizations that strengthen your relationships into the future. Probing question like these might work for you:
- What innovative technologies are supporting the shift from centralized, mass buying patterns to to decentralized self-sufficient behaviors?
- How will expectations for immediacy be addressed in your industry and business as social distancing, shuttered doors, and curfews become accepted norms?
- How can we make it easier for you to transition your processes?
Share ideas among employees managing your customer touchpoints to customize the right questions for your business. Take control by learning from the market what should be your path forward by making intelligent decisions.
Breakthrough is here to support you with 3 keys to surviving today and thriving tomorrow:
- Connect with your customers and employees
- Develop insights about how to motivate them based on data and advanced analytics
- Create smart, fact-based plans to thrive in a future that is guaranteed to be unlike the past
We have successfully guided clients through these steps for the past 18 years. We’re ready to do it for you and define the competitive advantage to sustain you when the world emerges from this pandemic.
Need to schedule some time with us?